ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
- Covers head & block (internal only) from the date of purchase. ALL electronic parts are “AS IS” with NO warranty coverage.
- Replacement engines & transmissions have a 60-Day Warranty (Internal Head & Block Only).
- Performance swaps – Engines and / or transmissions equipped with VTEC, turbo, or supercharged systems have a 30-Day STARTUP Warranty (Internal Head & Block).
- All rotary engines & transmissions are sold “AS IS” with NO warranty.
- All engines & transmissions must be installed within the warranty coverage period.
- OUT OF STATE PURCHASERS – We will compensate the shipping times and will start the warranty on the day of receiving.
SOCAL JDM MOTORS is not responsible for installation or improper use of any engine / transmission sold to a client; therefore, the following parts and circumstances are NOT covered by our warranty:
- IF A CERTIFIED MECHANIC DOES NOT INSTALL THE ENGINE/TRANSMISSION, YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. NO QUESTIONS ASKED! PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED. WE DO NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR INSTALLATION. IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SWAP YOU MUST CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC.
- All external parts of an engine such as axles, power steering, oil/water & a/c pumps, intake & exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributors, coil packs, ignitor, valve cover(s), oil pan, alternators, starters, emission control devices, thermostats, belts, hoses, clutches, flywheels, pulleys, wiring, computers (ECU), transmissions, turbo/supercharger units, fuel systems, injectors, gaskets, seals, sensors, solenoids, and any plastic trim is NOT covered under the warranty. PLEASE USE ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES FROM THE ORIGINAL MOTOR.
- Ensure you perform oil system overhaul procedure. (Flush oil system & change oil pump). The loss of engine as a result of insufficient amount of oil in the engine or lack of oil pressure will void warranty.
- Any labor for installation or removal of any defective part of an engine/transmission is NOT covered under warranty.
- Customer must perform Timing overhaul. (Timing belt/chain/tensioner). Any damage to the engine due to improper installation will void warranty.
- Swapping or removal of cylinder head(s)/crank/rods/pistons/cam(s)/gears & removal of transmission casing voids warranty.
- Loss caused by modification or forced induction (Nitrous/Alcohol Injection/Turbo/Supercharger & Aftermarket ECU upgrades) for which the engine was not designed will void warranty.
- Customer must perform cooling system overhaul. Loss caused by overheating of the engine, unless overheating is the direct result of the failure of an internal part of the engine.
- Any tune-ups and adjustments in belts, hoses, filters, emission control devices, spark plugs, etc. are not covered under warranty.
- Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear, unless actual breakdown occurs. SOCAL JDM MOTORS will not be held responsible if the engine purchased does not fit into the designated vehicle. Before purchasing the engine/transmission, the customer must verify that the engine will fit into said vehicle. We will not be held responsible if incorrect engine is purchased.
ALL OUR PERFORMANCE ENGINES ARE SOLD FOR OFF-ROAD HIGHWAYS OF CALIFORNIA.
- SOCAL JDM MOTORS provides its customers with used imported Japanese engines with low mileage. External parts of the engines such as belts, hoses, seals, gaskets, and plastic covers are sometimes damaged during shipping and can be replaced by the customer’s mechanic using parts from the designated vehicle. Cosmetic damage such as scratches on valve cover is normal on used engines and does not reflect upon performance of said engine. In addition, replaceable parts such as sensors, exhaust pipes, and air intake boxes may be missing if they are broken or damaged. SOCAL JDM MOTORS is not responsible for these parts as the warranty only covers internal head & block only, which would prevent the engine/transmission from operating incorrectly.
SMOG & EMISSIONS
- SOCAL JDM MOTORS will NOT be held responsible for the failure of emissions or smog test. Please verify with your local authorities if the engine passes smog and emission regulations in your state.
DEFECTIVE ENGINE CLAIM PROCEDURE
In the unlikely event of a Head/Block/Transmission being defective, we will require the following to be emailed/faxed only to us:
- SoCal JDM Motors will require a detailed written description (work order) along with pictures of the described defective part from a Certified Mechanic ONLY.
- A copy of the Mechanic’s certification along with his/her contact information must be provided. SoCal JDM Motors will contact the Certified Mechanic to ensure that the documents are legitimate. The Certified Mechanic may not be the individual who bought the engine from SoCal JDM Motors. You may email the required paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once required paperwork is emailed, we will decide on whether we will provide a refund for the damaged part(s) only or request for the engine/transmission to be returned for a replacement. Neither shipping charges nor labor are covered under warranty. Brand new parts purchased by customer such as new timing belt, water pump, gaskets etc. are not covered under warranty. You must return the defective engine/transmission complete with no parts missing. If parts are missing, those parts will be removed from the replacement engine/transmission prior to being shipped.
- We are not responsible for the cost of return shipping.
SALES & SHIPPING POLICY
- No refund or exchange on non-defective engines.
- $35.00 service charge on all returned checks.
- All refused or returned orders will be charged 35% restocking fee of the total invoiced amount plus all original and return freight charges back to our warehouse, no exceptions.
- SoCal JDM Motors is not responsible for damages occurring during shipment of any engine, transmission, or parts.
- SoCal JDM Motors is not responsible for any expenses involved in applications of our products. (Shipping, Labor, Etc.)
- SHIPPING PROCESS APPROXIMATELY 7-14 DAYS.
- SHIPPING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- ALL SALES ON USED ACCESSORIES / ITEMS ARE FINAL. THEY ARE SOLD “AS IS.” NO RETURNS & NO EXCHANGE.
- All body parts, interior parts, wheels, & suspensions are not under warranty. These parts are sold “as is.”
SOCAL JDM MOTORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THIS WARRANTY AT ANY TIME.